Pages

Followers

Saturday 2 April 2011

A Bit of FUN

Well what a week! I came down with a horrible cold just as I was bragging (to anyone who would listen) that I had not had any Illness this winter. Oh no not me LOL. Well after going through a box or 2 of tissues and having rested and monged out for a couple of days (the Diamond bought me loads of cups of tea - Heaven), today I thought I would tackle the JFF "Anything you Fancy" theme week. A great choice challenge ladies after a challenging month which personally I have thoroughly enjoyed. So many lovely comments, Thank You for those.
I chose to use a little frame for this, which I painted pale rose acrylic and  masked using dusky rose acrylic. Once dry; I stamped the lines with purple ink. I embossed the S (for Sandra) and stamped into it hot to get the impression(I am making a special 50th birthday gift, so I needed to practice this technique) I finished off with a glimmer sprayed flower (lava Red) and a hand written shrink plastic sign for JFF. Simply but enjoyable especially as I feel rough, (Sorry just going fr the sympathy vote LOL). Have a lovely week and THANKS for stopping by. XOXO

10 comments:

sam21ski said...

Ooooh dear, poor you, hope you're starting to feel better - there, there, is that enough sympathy for you - lol, only joking!!!

Great piece and I especially love that S for Sam!!!! Great colour choice, all works really well.

Thanks for sharing and posting on JFF again this week - Sam xxxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hope your feeling better. What a lovely creation especially like the S for sympathy ! great background too.

Marie

Von said...

Love your background Sandra it's a great little canvas and well done on the stamped and embossed "S", hope your feeling better now it really is a rotton cold that's going around we're runimg out of loo rolls here lol
Glad you felt upto joining us again at JFF :P
Von x

Zoechaos said...

Adorable please tell me it is in the Swap! Pleased you are enjoying the challenges, its Von's turn in April know you will have a lot of fun with those.

Hot toddy time for you my dear shift the remains of that cold, hope you are going to get some spoiling tomorrow to help the healing.

Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Great Canvas Sandra. Hope you are feeling better soon. Lucky you have the "diamond" looking after you.
Regards Florence.

chrissie said...

Hope you are feeling a lot better now--love your creation and the colours on it.

xxx

Joy said...

Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. fabulous frame,very pretty background and love the embossed 'S' xx

mommabear said...

Fab canvas and I hope you feel better soon xx Alison

Neet said...

Hope, as I am so late, that your cold is better or at least on the way to being. Hate colds and kind of getting over one ;myself.
Love your little canvas and what a great S you have done - I love stamping into hot utee which I have melted onto baking parchment. You get some great shapes.
Thanks for joining us at JFF - hope to see you again.
Hugs
Neet x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Love it Sandra, well done xxxx