Pages

Followers

Friday 9 September 2011

Home Decor

I made this frame for someone who loves Butterflies and I thought I would enter it into the Craft Room Challenge   I painted the frame with thin layer of gesso and a layer of very pale blue acrylic paint. I coloured tissue with tumbled glass, antique linen, worn lipstick DI allowed it to dry then stamped the images of butterflies, flora and text in sepia. Scrunched and stuck it to the frame with Matt medium and then a layer of modge podge sparkle. The centre is a piece of crafty individuals background paper. I made the 2 small butterflies by stamping onto CI background paper again I used modge podge sparkle medium to stabilise them the large butterfly is bought but perfect for this frame. I made a grunge flower to finish. My home decor piece and present for my DIL Karen.
Thanks for looking, Hugs all Sandra XX

15 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous frame Sandra great techniques and so much detail it's wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Kim B said...

Just beautiful. I love butterflies too. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

Debi said...

Sandra this is lovely, I love the colours and the texture- just yummy. thanks for joining us at craft Room challenge- debi x

Von said...

Beautiful Sandra tissue paper is not the easiest of papers to work wth :)
Von xxx

craft-roomjulia said...

This is so beautiful I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

Suze Bain said...

Love the stamped tissue, beautiful colours and images. xx

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Utterly gorgeous Sandra, bet Karen will love it.

hazel said...

A wonderful frame, I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra. Beautiful frame. The effect you have created with the tissue is gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
Regards Florence x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Sandra this is just fabulous ! Love the gorgeous frame the blue is just divine and matches perfectly with those lovely stamps. The CI image is fantastic as is your lovely buterfly and flower.

Marie

Maria said...

I love this, it's very beautiful and the colours are lovely! It's absolutely perfect to display. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Esther said...

Oh wow - this is just beautiful and your DIL is going to love it I'm sure ! Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is so beautiful, love the butterflies and whats really wierd is i am working on a project with a lot of similarities, its square framed, in bluey green hues and have just cut out some butterflies to add to it. The frame is going to be mosaic though.... I was thrilled to see this beauty of yours today
hugs June xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Sandra your hanger is absolutely gorgeous, truly love this artful piece
hugs June x

Neet said...

Just spied this as I was commenting above - this is beautiful. Hugs, Neet x