Pages

Followers

Sunday 15 September 2013

Scrap Art at Artful Times

 
Hello friends and happy (wet & windy) Sunday to you all :) autumn is here me thinks. Although this is not quite as wet as where my cousin in lives (Boulder Colorado)thankfully they are safe for now are thought are with you guys X. 
 
The lovely team over at Artful Times they have set a theme of Scrap Art :) I really like this as it makes you use bits and bobs and it does take some thought.   
 
For this I sat at my work desk and looked at all the little bits on it
(I do work in a mess hee hee :D).
 I found a pre cut dress form and some tissue paper
which I crumpled up and glued onto the dress form.
It was then sprayed with copper glimmer mist and when dry I rubbed with some copper treasure gold (it picks up the crumples of tissue).
I found and used punched butterflies
and a heart which I had already dipped into vintage embossing powder and heated
a die cut musical note 
a stamped and cut out top hat
a piece of netting and lace
Stuck to the edge of my table was the pieces of tape (measure tape and polka dots) and pieces of book page and I used these.
I did have to look in a draw for the pins.
Good job I work in a mess :)
Great challenge  thanks ladies X
 
I was also thrilled to have made top 3 in the Fashionable Stamping Sew N Sew with my decorated sewing box.
Thank you ladies X
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments
have a great week
hugs Sandra XXX
 

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a scrumptious use of your scraps, Sandra... love the texture from the tissue in the background, and such lovely embellishing.
Alison x

Neet said...

You certainly took the theme to heart Sandra and came up with a lovely dressform as a result. Just shows that we all have trash to treasure on our desks at times.
Thanks for the lovely entry to our challenge Sandra.
Hugs, neet xx

Shirley said...

How sweet is this Sandra. Love the use of the lace for a belt and the netting for a skirt.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Von said...

What wonderful texture you have created with your scraps Sandra :)
Von ♥

chrissie said...

A wonderful piece Sandra and all made from scraps. The belt makes the piece for me would never have thought of adding that at all and it looks amazing

Love Chrissie x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

wow that is a real work of art! congratulations you made the top 3 I am not surprised your work just keeps getting better abd better.

hugs sue x

WendyK said...

Great idea Sandra, and it turned out beautifully.