Pages

Followers

Friday 2 July 2010

Inky Fingers & Broken Nails

I have had the most wonderful week off work, lucky for me it has been too hot for The Diamond so we decided not to got out for days as we originally planned. You probably think I am mad to say we couldn't go out, But: I am lucky enough to have a craft space of my own (The Diamond  GLHXX agreed I could have half the garage converted into a hobby space last year) so I spent the entire week indulging myself in my favorite pass time of making stuff, Oh and of course popping out to buy craft goodies, obviously stuff I really needed. I decided I needed a challenge and made the squared art piece designed by Linda Elbourne in last months Craft Stamper, it is the first time I have used grunge paper and I am now a total convert. The article said it was not for the faint hearted and boy was that right LOL. Now anyone who knows me will understand that I HATE inky fingers and I got covered, not only that but OMG I broke 3 nails. Oh How I suffer for my art. Well I am very pleased with the outcome, it will have pride of place in my work space. I also made a card using the recently learnt techniques and part of a design and the new stamp from Craft Stamper this issue. Now you see why I am soooooooo HAPPY.
Can't wait to get stuck into this weeks SCD challenge.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Carol Plume said...

had to laugh at the inky fingers and broken nails!! lolxx great pieces Sandra, glad to hear that you've had a good week.

xx