Pages

Followers

Sunday 11 July 2010

Sunday an SCD

Well this week over at SCD the theme for the week was "Chairs" now this did blow my mind, how was I going to do something with this even though the team had posted some inspirational work on the theme. I did struggle as I have only a small selection of stamps and things (it is growing though LOL) but after some thought I got inspired by a photo of a robin sitting on a fork which is on the front of a nature book I have and this is the result. I used TH DI antique linen, sage and dried marigold (which has become a firm favorite of mine) I also tried out my lush new stamp from crafty individuals as a background stamp. I then made a fork handle out of grunge paper ( I love this stuff) and used some of my teeny weeny stamps The Diamond XX recently bought me. All in all I really enjoyed myself. Oh and apologies for the uneven letters I stamped, I admit to enjoying a glass of wine whilst working well it is hot and it was a refreshing pinot. Take care all and have a good week.

5 comments:

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Love it !!!!! what a great way to craft with a glass of wine LOL.

Your Lo's from yesterdays crop look fab.

Artyjen said...

The wording is great...adds to the shabby chic look....love your take on the prompt :)
xoxo Sioux

Angelnorth said...

I'm sure he's sitting comfortably (although any worms in the vicinity may be less happy about it!) - fab tag!

Unknown said...

I think yr tag is a lovely take on the "Are you sitting Comfortably" theme this robin is so cute and isn't it great when we find inspiration and then just make something this good. thank you for joining us at SCD this week Hope to see you next week too!

Love Dawn xx

Laura said...

Perfect perch works for me. A great tag and love your take on the theme. Love where it took you. I do find people's interpretations are very inspiring and interesting.Thanks for playing along at SCD.