Pages

Followers

Thursday 8 November 2012

Locks and Keys



Hello everyone, gorgeous Nature projects last week thank you for joining us.
This week I think this week we have a fab theme of Locks and Keys it really lets you use your imagination. I have chosen to alter a matchbox it has been waiting to be altered for ages. First gave it a coat of gesso as I wasn't sure where I was going with it I ended up covering it with paper which had some pattern on it and stamped in grey some text and dots. I then added in small areas some rock candy crackle once dry I rubbed with copper treasure gold, added torn paper. The topper is chipboard and has been painted metallic gold then stamped with a romantic text heart stamp and a couple of jewels to finish. I painted the ends in gold metallic paint and added a gold bead for the handle. The inside has been metallic painted has the same paper as a liner and a piece of tea stained lace. The lock and key is chipboard and has been painted black then crackle glazed and painted over with the metallic gold. I have punched out two images and placed one under a fragment and the other has been glossy accented. Each side has tissue which I stamped with the word secrets. This someones secret assignation treasure. Now if you have not fallen asleep with all the details and still reading. well done. I confess I am quite pleased with this little treasure I am putting this matchbox up for a swap so if you fancy a swap with your Lock and Key project let me know, first come gets it oh I am happy to post anywhere. Do be sure and check out Florence, Janet and Chrissie lovely projects. Take care and thanks for joining us. Hugs as Always. Sandra XXX PS next week we have a special prize on offer.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Sandra. I always get a kick out of little secret things! This is the perfect little treasure. Hugs, Tracy

chrissie said...

Fantastic Sandra and so much work has gone into making it fantastic.

Love Chrissie xxxx

Neet said...

What a lovely way to decorate a matchbox. Given me an idea - to hide a key some time (front door type) a decorated matchbox would be ideal.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Neet xx

Craftychris said...

So gorgeous and so much work has gone into it! You would never believe it was a humble matchbox xx

sam21ski said...

Oooh what a fab idea, love your matchbox xxx

Von said...

A lovely transformation Sandra :)
Have a good weekend
Von ♥

Suze Bain said...

I can tell you enjoyed makng this Sandra, it's gorgeous. I love the 'hidden treasures'. xx

Anonymous said...

What a treasure it is Sandra. Wonderful project. Really enjoyed reading how you made this.
Sending hugs to you both.
Florence xxx

Janet said...

Hi Sandra,
Terrific matchbox,love it
Janet x

Anonymous said...

Great project Sandra. You've used lots of clever techniques to give it such lovely effects.
Lorraine

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

brilliant you're seriously starting to annoy me now!

Hopefully see you saturday

Sue xxxx

junemac2 said...

Hi Sandra, I am loving your art work and especially this cute little matchbox alteration, its gorgeous and would be irresistable to me to open especially with the secrets hehe.
Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful comment on my blog. I hope you have a lovely week
hugs June xxxxx