Pages

Followers

Thursday 15 November 2012

Use some Stash

Hi All, I hope you had fun with the Locks and Keys we certainly ad some gorgeous entries thank you for joining us and for stopping by to leave lovely comments on my blog I really appreciate it. This week we are asking you to have a rummage and use some of that stash good idea to clear out before Christmas to make room for more LOL.
I have made a retro / shabby chic butterfly hanging. I have covered chipboard with sticky back canvas, painted it with antique white and dabbed some metallic gold around the edges then stamped with text in sepia. The butterfly is made from some gorgeous retro fabric shared with us by Lorraine, I have made a very bad attempt at free form machine stitching ( I am still practising this technique but its hard). I have hand stitched to some jute and beaded and added some lace and buttons to finish. Hope you join us this week as there is gorgeous prize on offer. Do be sure and check out Florence, Janet and Chrissie lovely projects. Take care and thanks for joining us.
Hugs as Always. Sandra XXX 

9 comments:

chrissie said...

This is a beautiful hanging Sandra and the butterfly was a lovely way to use the material from Lorraine

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Craftychris said...

This is so cool! I love the butterfly and your sewing is brilliant! xx

Neet said...

I need to brush up on my free form stitching before I go away with my friends. Love what you did with it and your stash.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anonymous said...

I think your machine stitching worked out fabulously for your shabby chic butterfly. It adds a certain charm which would not be there had it been perfect! Love your creation. Hugs, Tracy

Suze Bain said...

This is gorgeous Sandra, I love all the fabrics you've used and those sparkly danglers finish it off perfectly!! xx

Von said...

Gorgeous butterfly on your hanging Sandra :)
Keep practicing the freeform stitiching, your'll be in charge of it soon :)
Von ♥

Janet said...

Beautiful hanging Sandra,great to see you today
Janet x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Great idea to use up stash, it's a beautiful wall hanging Sandra but what the heck is freestyle stitching all looks great to me.

sue x

Annie said...

I love this art piece. The fabric for the butterfly is so perfect.